ESI is growing and is adding a Sr. Cost Accountant professional to our team with experience and an extensive network in the Civil Construction industry.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Schedule of Contracts Oversight
- Increase Financial Job Performance through Filed Accounting Risk Assessments
- Field Verification of quantities billed vs. placed
- Identify Efficiency Improvements
- Verification of Proper Job Handoffs, etc.
- Identify and address issues with Combo jobs
- Ensure proper costing of Materials, Equipment, Time and Vendors/Subs
- Work with Tim and Sean on identified jobs/issues
- Preparing projections of manpower requirements, anticipating, and addressing short falls as far in advance as possible, look for opportunities to optimize in conserving labor costs.
- Prepare weekly financial snapshot on hours, OT, and expenditures.
- Responsible for data auditing/analysis, data entering and corrections and compliance.
- Has ability to recognize deviations from accepted practice in operations.
- Uses appropriate software report writing tools to produce customized and routine reports.
- Deliver job budget and job finance targets.
- Other assigned duties by ADHOC.
- Designs and implements changes to processes that improve results and reduce cost and eliminate waste.
- Coordinates with a variety of business units to develop, test, and refine business processes / practices.
- Leverages data to drive continuous improvement in areas such as productivity, quality, customer service, and sales.
- Teaches lessons learned and key findings to departments with recommendations for changes and updates for training.
- Creates a roadmap for tools and technology needed to ensure improvement in processes.
- Proactively address problem areas and improve efficiencies.
- Streamlines processed to allow for expansion.
ESI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. ESI, also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.