Student Advisor & History Teacher (Remote-CA)
Ednovate is what it sounds like - we're "Education" + "Innovation". We are a growing network of open-enrollment high schools, powered by the University of Southern California, looking to flip the script on the traditional 9-12 experience. We prepare scholars to use their college degrees and careers to make a Positive Multigenerational Change (PMC).Our mission is to close the college attainment gap at a scale larger than the average California school district (11 schools) and impact America's high school report card.
We are developing an independent study program with our existing schools to support remote learners who, based on state guidance, can choose to remain home but must also continue to receive the high-quality, college prep education they expect from Ednovate schools. Ednovate remote School Student Advisors will lead the support of a cohort of students as they continue their path to PMC - through developing a strong sense of teamwork, establishing trusting relationships, and mentoring students in academics and socioemotional needs.
Our network is in the "sweet spot" of growth; small enough to be with a team that feels more like a family and big enough to feel like you are part of a movement. You will be surrounded by a team of changemakers, just like you! We're made up of world travelers, nacho connoisseurs, filmmakers and Drake fans. We love LA and OC, and we're our students' biggest cheerleaders. We're looking for folks who are humble, hungry for change, smart, and courageous enough to create an equitable, innovative school system. Sound like you? Keep Reading.
What You'll Do:
- Be An Innovator:Get ready to make a lasting mark on the future of education - right now - as we design the independent study program. You'll be a part of the change-makers who pilot, learn and tinker in order to create a robust support systems for our remote learners.
- Develop a Robust Community of Remote Learners: your main role will be to support and mentor Ednovate students through their remote learning experience, ensuring that they have the socio-emotional and academic supports in place to be a successful student, from their own remote place of learning.
- Drive for Equity:Ensure all students across all identity groups have access to a high quality, personalized college prep experience through looking at data and supporting students in the targeted ways that they specifically need.
- Prepare Students to Win: You'll be a maestro of student support, empowering scholars - through 1-on-1 support and in group settings - to reach their full academic and personal potential during their remote year with us.
- Build a Family:Through advisory, you'll lead an amazing group of students, get to know their families, and ensure that they have everything they need to learn in this new setting.
- Be a Lifelong Learner:Professional development is our love language. We are committed to improving academic outcomes for all students through intentional training and development.
- Find Your People: Join an active, lively remote school community with vision and purpose. We uplift each other, debate, problem solve, and celebrate our collective work together.
We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of teaching experience with a particular focus on supporting students in academic and socio-emotional needs
- A BA or BS Degree
- A relevant California Single Subject or Multiple Subject Teaching Credential Required
- Experience mentoring youth in 1-on-1 and group settings to set and reach ambitious goals
- Spanish Language Fluency Highly Preferred
- Candidate must reside in California
We're Committed to Giving You:
- A competitive & transparent salary based on your years of teaching experience
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, as well as family leave benefits
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- 403b retirement savings plan, with company matching up to 3%
- A place to grow, learn and be a part of the Ednovate family
All new hires will be included in an expected staff-wide retention bonus equivalent to 5% of annual salary!
(This expected bonus will be paid out for all new hires who join before Oct 1, and will be part of the final October pay period)
We intentionally develop a schoolwide culture in which every student and employee has a sense of belonging. Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.