Title: Medical Assistant
Location: Beaufort Doctors Care Center
Status:PRN (as needed)
Who Are We?
UCI Medical Affiliates, Inc. (UCI) provides non-medical management and administrative services to over 50 Doctors Care urgent care centers and 24 Progressive Physical Therapy facilities located throughout South Carolina. UCI is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina. Doctors Care has operated for over 30 years, providing an exceptional, convenient, and affordable healthcare experience.
What Are We Looking For?
UCI is currently looking for a medical assistant to join our team who will prepare patients for their physician visit. MA’s prepare patients by taking vitals, documents vital information from patient into EMR system. They also assist with patient services duties at the front desk taking phone calls, updating patient demographics and offering outstanding customer service.
Do You Have What It Takes?
A good candidate will bring with them:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assisting certificate
- Current Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant
- Computer skills
- Basic medical terminology
- Healthcare Provider CPR certification
- Trained in OSHA/HIPAA compliance
- Willing to work 12 hour shifts and weekends
- Willing to work at other centers as needed
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to reflect our mission, vision, and values through actions and conduct.
An ideal candidate would also have:
- Associate’s degree in medical assisting
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive wages
- Generous PTO that increases with tenure
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short term and Long term Disability
- Whole and Term Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Rewarding Careers