Discovery Health MD
Founded by Drs. Ray and Ann Jarris in Seattle, Discovery Health MD was created on the principle of immediate access to expert medical advice and logistics for remote workers. Building on Dr. Ray’s decades of experience in the commercial maritime industry as the founder of Maritime Health Services and Global Medical Services, and Dr. Ann’s extensive experience in Emergency Medicine, Occupational Health, remote medicine and telemedicine, Discovery Health MD is changing the paradigm for delivering care in remote environments.
In addition to preventive and acute medical consultation, we are leaders in providing COVID-19 Testing and Vaccinations in the Puget Sound region.
Disrupt norms within the medical field to ensure immediate, equitable access to expert advice, logistics, and technology
To keep people safe and healthy at home and work (and travel)
At Discovery Health MD, we value:
- Service:We take responsibility for ensuring the health, stability, and welfare of our company, employees, clients, and community within our abilities and resources.
- Equity: We ensure equitable access to medical expertise, care, and technology. We are committed to building a workplace that strives to recruit and encourage talent while recognizing and rectifying structural inequalities and biases that may affect promotion and retention.
- Passion: We are passionate about developing creative solutions to challenging problems and providing excellent service. We are passionate about supporting and growing our team and constantly improving through self-reflection.
This Positive Notifications Team monitors results, and contacts customers who have tested positive for COVID-19, from various testing sites. Added attention paid towards international travelers and their tight schedules.
- Open the e-sites for the daily list of notifications.
- Monitoring daily POC (Point of Care) traveler results from community sites that require notification
- Coordinate phone calls or email notifications of all positive results., within 24 hours of receiving results.
- Checking the websites at least every two hours for results
- Documentation of results summary
- If no response in 10 minutes, the POC team will call on duty PRN team member.
- Contact CDC, when necessary, about travelers’ results
- Maintain positive, professional, compassionate, and supportive interactions with client
- Positively & professionally interact with community health care providers.
- Inform and collaborate with VP, Medical Operations any customer complaints to ensure prompt follow up is provided.
- Provide CDC guidelines and recommend that client contact PCP when needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse practitioner, or job experience of similar skills
- Minimum of three years clinical experience
- Active applicable licensure or certification American Heart Association issued BLS, ACLS a bonus
- Recognition of standards of Infection control/public health measures
- Multitasking, listening, and verbal communication
- Health promotion and maintenance
In addition to competitive pay, Discovery Health MD offers a full spectrum of benefits including:
- A Health Insurance Provider with 8 various plans suited to fit your individual needs. 5 of which are a zero monthly premium to our employee
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts and Healthcare Flex Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Meaningful professional growth opportunities and career development
- Formal training with leadership and skill-building courses
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Option