The Creative Alliance is Baltimore’s premier multi-arts venue with a mission to present and promote artists, performers, and filmmakers; engage diverse audiences; and improve the quality of life in Baltimore City through community-based arts and education programs. Creative Alliance is entering an exciting phase as it lays out a new strategic plan and has broken ground on a second building, the Creativity Center.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Executive Director with the day-to-day business of the organization including scheduling meetings and maintaining director’s calendar, preparing correspondence, coordinating travel, other related functions. This individual exhibits a high level of professionalism and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact with donors, board members, constituents, and staff under the direction of the Executive Director. This individual is a self-starter, extremely organized, has great time management skills, a strong ability to prioritize tasks, and has a keen eye for detail and highly developed problem-solving skills. Professional discretion and confidentiality are a must. The position reports to the Executive Director. This is an Exempt/Salaried position.
· Executive Assistant: 70%
· Plan and direct all administrative and operational activities for the Executive Director (ED)
· Supports the ED in oversight and prioritization on critical issues and projects of high importance to facilitate decision-making.
· Provide briefings and support to Executive Director for meetings, presentations, and events.
· Communication: support internal and external communication, via in-person, phone, email, or mail. Work with the ED to manage communications with the Board of Directors, including to create and distribute meeting agendas; take and distribute minutes for staff, Board, Executive, Governance, and Finance Committee meetings. Maintain ED’s, board, local government, VIP, and other constituent contact lists.
· Scheduling: Maintain ED’s calendar by scheduling meetings, teleconferences and travel including itineraries, airline reservations, hotel accommodations, rental cars, and all other travel needs.
· Office Management: 30%
Organization Participation Expectations: In addition to the job-related tasks for this position, Creative Alliance expects all staff to participate in organization events, activities, and trainings.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Fulltime, combined virtual and on site possible.
· BA Degree and/or experience in arts administration, nonprofit, or related field preferred.
· Highly skilled in Microsoft applications; Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, and Power Point required.
· Knowledge of Salesforce, Patron Manager, or other ticketing software, and Airtable strongly desired
· Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
· Effectively communicate with Executives, Board members, donors, customers, and employees.
· High level of organizational, time management and customer relations skills.
· Detail oriented, accurate and able to act autonomously with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to speak Spanish desired.
· Able to lift 40 lbs.
· All employees are required to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 unless there is a medical or religious exemption.
· Creative Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Salary Range—40000-50000 per year. Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history
Benefits: Creative Alliance offers a generous benefits package that includes:
· Health, dental, and vision insurance at no cost to employees for individual coverage
· Optional Simple IRA plan through Vanguard with up to 3% match of annual salary
· 4 weeks of PTO upon hire.
· 12 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays per year.
I have reviewed the content of this job description and acknowledge that I am able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and three references to the email provided, and including "Attn: Executive Director" in the subject line would be greatly appreciated.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location