This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
Systems Analyst will be a key contributor to Costco’s Logistics team. The Analyst will be responsible for understanding the requirements and designing data integration specifications, maintaining and supporting the interfaces between a multitude of applications of Costco Logistics and Costco’s enterprise systems. The role encompasses creating the functional design, data mapping activities, and operational support including the monitoring logs and queues for the interfaces. The Integration Analyst is also responsible for leading and participating in testing, documentation, and support as appropriate or required. They are instrumental in working with the source and destination application teams to identify the data mapping requirements. Also, coordinate with the Integration team to develop and coordinate the deliverables per project and product requirements.
If you want to be a part of one of theBEST “to work for” companiesin the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Creates functional specifications and data mapping for interfaces.
- Partners with Architects, Product owners to validate designs.
- Gathers, analyzes, and documents solution requirements for systems development
- Participates in user story creation and backlog grooming in an agile delivery methodology
- Creates solution designs, functional specifications, identify interface and testing requirements
- Participates on scrum planning and execution for delivering the user stories by adopting agile methodologies
- Proactively identifies and effectively assesses improvement opportunities to Costco Logistics
- Reviews integration test plan/test scenarios and provides consultation for unit, integration, and system testing activities.
- Participate in integration string testing, and coordinates Volume and High Availability Testing, as required.
- Provides the single point of contact for assigning and triaging defects from end-to-end during functional unit testing (FUT), SIT, and UAT.
- Participates in release planning activities, deployment, and post-release and ongoing support of the interfaces.
- Creates interface support documentation (Knowledge Base articles, functional description, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Performs development activities when needed.
- Provides interface monitoring requirements for automated incident response, and operational support
- Participates in Agile product planning, estimation, and delivery
- Some off-hours work required, including weekends and holidays, rotational on-call.
- 5+ years’ functional design and technical design experience.
- 2 years’ Integration development and any programming experience (RPGLE, Java, C#, etc.).
- Familiarity with integration tools - IBM iPaaS, MQ/ Broker, SAP PI/PO, Axway.
- Familiarity with Security protocols - SSL/TLS PKI Certs etc.
- Experience in working with API/SOAP experience.
- Experience in monitoring/alerting skills like Splunk.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting, and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively mentor less experienced team members on programming and testing techniques.
- Good understanding of SDLC and Agile practice.
- Have experience in working with medium to large enterprise.
- Experience with eCommerce, Order Management, Fulfillment and Call Center application systems are preferred.
- Strong understanding in Active Directory, Access Management and Provisioning, ESB integration patterns and implementations, SAML, DataPower, WMQ, WMB, WSRR, Informatica and WAS.
- Knowledge of EDI and other external Integration services.
- Experience with OMS, WMS, TMS, and Call center applications.
- General understanding of the retail industry with a focus on Fulfillment.
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.