This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
The SAP Platform Project Manager is the owner of managing and delivering multiple projects within the SAP Platform Team. In coordination with team leads, they will be primarily responsible for the successful delivery of the scope, timeline, and budget for their respective projects, including the overall solution delivery and support of large-scale programs with complex integrations. Project Managers manage the communication across program stakeholders, defining mitigation strategies to remediate risks and issues, and assisting teams to ensure that the value being delivered aligns to the product vision.
If you want to be a part of one of theBEST “to work for” companiesin the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Defines and documents project scope. Manages changes to project scope throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Works with team leads to create project plans and critical paths at the appropriate level of detail and manages tasks to support project governance requirements.
- Manages large-scale, technical projects, often with multiple internal and external partners/stakeholders.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manages project stakeholder expectations of project scope and schedule.
- Develops project budgets, manages changes to project budgets, and tracks actual costs and variance to approved budget.
- Provides executive level presentations for related projects and topics.
- Manages issues, risks, and decisions throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Develops mitigation of critical and high priority risks, mitigation and contingency plans.
- Collaborates with various IT technical teams.
- Provides status reporting to project stakeholders.
- Ensures all project artifacts and deliverables are documented, approved, and stored for re-usability and audit purposes in designated project tools.
- Drives tactical day-to-day delivery process, including removing impediments that negatively impact productivity or block the team’s process.
- Ensures effective communication, collaboration, coordination, and team engagement in initiatives that cut across portfolios and products.
- Drives best practices of Project Management within SAP.
- 5+ years’ project or delivery management experience.
- Project management and delivery management experience on a large scale SAP project implementation.
- Proficient in the use of ServiceNow(CARTS+)and SmartSheet as a WBS and schedule tool.
- Proven track record for successful delivery of projects and working cross-functionally with business and IT.
- Must be flexible in diving into project detail when necessary, while keeping the overall picture in mind.
- Ability to work closely withmode 1(waterfall) or mode 2(scrum) teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills with ability to influence and motivate project team members that report to other groups in the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of the business, including off-hours work as required, such as weekends and holidays.
- Experience with setting up environments and working on infrastructure projects.
- At least 2 years’ managing and deploying SAP solutions.
- Strong experience on SAP or other ERP implementation projects.
- Strong understanding of SAP landscapes.
- Project Management certification and/or demonstrated core project management skills based on familiarity with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- PMP and/or Scrum master certification.
Proficient in the use of the Google products: email, spreadsheet, document, presentation
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.