This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
Data Analystsare responsible for importing, transforming, and validating or querying data with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions from the data to drive decision-making. They may use modeling techniques to form data in ways that can be analyzed and/or queried to identify data quality issues, anomalies or deviations. Data Analysts generate ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools, database or data warehouse queries and scripts. They also integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements. The Data Analysts work closely with business groups, IT verticals, and governance teams to provide information to drive data quality and usage decisions.
In this position, the Data Analysts are responsible for querying data sources to import and transform private and/or sensitive data requested by the legal departments, which includes generating ad hoc reports. They work closely with Legal, Human Resources, and PayRoll departments as well as the IT Data and Analytics teams.
If you want to be a part of one of theBEST “to work for” companiesin the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Identifies and interprets trends, patterns, and correlations among various data points.
- Analyzes data for quality and completeness in accordance with established data governance policy and standards.
- Develops scripts to report and extract data for analysis.
- Designs and creates the data reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Creates data quality control processes to audit extracted lists ensuring data governance is maintained on all processes.
- Performs data profiling and business analysis (logical modeling) to determine the most effective ways to measure and provide data.
- Applies statistical methods and visualization techniques in generating business insights.
- Provides insights as to the best means to analyze and combine multiple data sources to form accurate and meaningful datasets.
- Defines and ensures adherence to new process improvement opportunities.
- Performs testing and validation of data and data sources.
- Applies best practices and data governance to database and reporting solutions.
- Performs data mapping and tracing from system to system in order to solve a given business or system problem.
- Supports initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Provides technical expertise on migration, mining, and cleansing of data.
- Supports and informs data stewards and custodians to ensure quality of master data changes and additions.
- Prepares documentation of relationships, integration, and flow of data.
- Supports tooling for capturing and maintaining metadata elements within a repository.
- Identifies and resolves problems often anticipating issues before they occur or before they grow; develops and evaluates options and implements solutions.
- 1-3 years’ writing SQLs queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Detail oriented and possess strong problem solving skills, with the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Strong technical documentation and writing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to work effectively with all levels of the business and IS.
- Responsible, conscientious, and possess a passion for excellence.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrates an ability to grow technical skills and learn new technologies.
- Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- CARTs+ (ServiceNow).
- Alteryx, iSeries/AS400/RPG and Hadoop.
- Scripting (PowerShell, Bash, Google Apps, etc.).
- Costco’s core business environment related to Merchandising, Warehouse Operations, and company philosophies.
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.