About the Role:
Tellers provide quality service and develop long term customer relationships. Receives and pays money to bank customers as well as maintaining accurate record keeping of deposits, withdrawals, negotiable instruments, and other bank transactions. Promotes Collegiate Peaks Bank by adhering to our Mission Statement: We are a united team, committed to enriching the lives of our co-workers, our customer and our communities as well as adhering to our Core Values: Integrity, Balance, Communication, Respect, Teamwork, Growth, and Community. Tellers processe personal and commercial transactions while providing fast, friendly and accurate customer service as well as have an opportunity to learn a variety of other duties. At Teller is responsible for providing an unwavering commitment to do everything possible to satisfy the specific banking needs of our customers in a professional, efficient and caring way.
The compensation minimum within the wage range for this position is $18.00 - $22.50 hourly and will vary depending on what city the applicant works in. All compensation offers are analyzed individually and take into consideration multiple factors including but not limited to geographic location, years of experience, and educational background.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers with a smile and friendly demeanor
- Complies with all bank policies, applicable laws and regulations
- Responsible for keeping all information related to customers, co-workers and the bank private and confidential. Assure that any private information is accessed only as it pertains to the performance of your position, being aware of others who can hear your conversations or view private information.
- Proactively protect Collegiate Peaks Bank and its customers from counterfeit and fraudulent activity by staying current on fraud warnings and initiating discussion with customers regarding specific transactions to prevent potential loss to customers and the bank.
- Effectively sell and cross sell the services and accounts offered by the bank to best fit customers needs.
- Processes deposits, loan payments and safe deposit box rental payments
- Examines checks for endorsement and negotiability
- Processes change orders
- Prepares cashier’s checks
- Processes & settles cash advances
- Processes foreign items
- Scans and balances runs for all work processed during the day per GBCI time frames
- Maintain daily balancing record by correctly balancing cash, locating overages or shortages, selling excess cash to vault and maintaining established cash levels in drawer. Sort, count, and wrap money to be transferred to the vault and balances their drawer out at the end of their shift
- Possess a basic knowledge of bank products such as checking, savings, and money market accounts, CDs, and e-banking services. Promote High Performance Growth, Tell-A-Friend Program as well as helping with branch displays and big day promotions
- Assists with dual control in TCR balancing, vault balancing, mail deposits, day drop, and night drop processing
- Balances ATM Weekly under dual control
- Balances Coin machine
- Redeems US Savings Bonds
- Sells prepaid Gift/Travel cards
- Maintains inventory logs for prepaid cards and assists with auditing them monthly
- Assists with incoming/outgoing shipments
- Follows opening/closing checklist
- Responds to telephone inquiries from customers
- Completes monthly teller certification under dual control
- Orders and submits foreign currency for customers
- Complete all required annual compliance training and continuing education to stay current with bank policy, regulations and licensing requirements
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six months applied customer service and cash handling preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize job responsibilities
- Must understand and support the Bank’s philosophy regarding customer service
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be detail orientated
- Needs to work accurately and efficiently
- Must have a good working knowledge of PC usage and proficient in word processing
Work performed in an office environment. Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to: Stoop (Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.) Kneel (Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.) Crouch (Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.)
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer:
WHAT WE OFFER
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Starting salary is dependent upon relevant experience and may vary based on the geographic location of the position. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a health savings account option, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a health rewards program, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, discounts on banking products and services, and paid sick, holiday, and vacation time. Visit our website for more details!
COMPANY OVERVIEW: We are a family of banks whose unique local presence reflects the communities we serve. We welcome the opportunity to grow and change as our customers and communities do the same. Read our story, learn about our banks, and experience life at Glacier Bancorp, Inc. all from our website. Check it out!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.