The Graphic Designer helps to create artifacts that maintain the look and feel of Classical Conversations’ curriculum materials, products, and marketing materials consistent with the mission and vision of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Trained in print production processes (preparing files for press, communicating with prepress), with some knowledge of digital production highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in the graphic design industry.
- Resides in FL, NC, TN, TX, or OK (preferred).
- Highly creative; skilled in graphic design and layout.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, and InDesign; experienced in Office Suite, and Outlook.
- Has regular access to high-speed Internet connectivity.
- Available to travel 2-4 weeks per year. Available to travel to the corporate office on short notice as needed.
- Able to engage in web-based communications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Flexible; willing to re-work designs in response to feedback; handles criticism professionally. Can work within an Agile atmosphere.
- Works well under short deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present ideas to peers, cross-team leaders as well as to Team 1 and Founder.
- Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Shows pride in work performed.
- Demonstrates flexibility in acceptance of assignments and schedules.
- Maintains professional behavior.
- Exhibits dependability and follow-through.
- Ability to work in, or gain the knowledge required to become proficient in digital production work, including but not limited to: Ebook file prep and conversion, file development for Classical Conversations Apps, Audio production in developing content, recording or assisting in the recording, and post-production engineering of audio files.
- Knowledge of Classical Conversations curriculum, highly desired.
- Design: Gathers information and reviews goals, purpose, and audience. Creates sample layouts of art and copy and obtains approval from key players. Prepares finished copy and art for delivery in appropriate medium (electronic, audio, or print). Coordinates with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. as needed to review and correct design proofs.
- Accountability: Completes a personal scorecard monthly in support of company goals.
- Stewardship: Consults manager before spending monies that require reimbursement. Keeps senior graphic designer and manager informed about workload.
- Continued Learning: Attends quarterly round tables and bi-annual on-site meetings and completes Personal Development Initiatives as assigned. Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies as needed.
- Communication: Posts daily internal updates. Attends weekly online meetings and monthly meetings with the manager. Communicates out to department manager and project manager with status updates, questions, and ‘stucks’. Escalates issues to Production manager, Project manager, and Content Owner as needed.
- Reporting: Gathers monthly updates for manager and project managers as requested.
- Communicate and model the Classical Conversations Core Values – Grace, Humility, Integrity, Diligence, and Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About Classical Conversations, Inc.:
- Sitting in front of a computer for long periods, up to eight hours per day, with breaks.
- Communicating over the Internet and via phone.
Built on Family—Built for Families Classical Conversations is a proven Christian homeschool program created by parents for parents. We do this through a Christ-centered and family-friendly approach to homeschooling that makes everything biblical and hospitable, focused on three simple key areas: Classical, Christian and Community. Our home education program covers K-4 to college credit and includes college degree opportunities for parents, as well. We believe that you are the best educator for your student, and we make the homeschool journey doable. We not only provide you with a consistent roadmap that you can follow at your own pace, but also connect you with a local homeschool community group, giving you accountability and the support of knowing you are not in this journey alone. From its origins in 1997 with eleven students and parents in the basement of Leigh Bortins’ North Carolina home to proudly serving over 45,000 families now enrolled in its programs spread over 50 countries globally, Classical Conversations always was and always will be about family. The Bortins family has always valued following God’s guidance in teaching other families how to “train up their children in the way that they should go.”