- Answer phones, take hotel reservations, manage guest and hotel inquiries, and provide quality guest services as it pertains to checking in/out of hotel guests.
- Respond to guest inquiries via multiple communication channels, including, but not limited to, emails, online portals, social media, etc.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day, ensure guests are satisfied with accommodations and offer assistance when requested.
- Manage online reservation and inventory system.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/amenities, including, but not limited to, all room types; all room rates and availabilities; daily house count and expected arrivals/departures; room availability status for any given day; etc.
- Handle guest accounts properly including posting of charges and collection of payment.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Maintain strict guest security in controlling keys, issuing keys, divulging guest information and maintaining guest confidentiality.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures: open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card, and check transactions during a given shift.
- Promptly address guest complaints/issues appropriately, including, but not limited to, engaging maintenance or housekeeping departments for assistance.
- Communicate and escalate pertinent guest issues to management.
- Other duties as defined by management.
- Prior front desk experience preferred (2+ years)
- Various shifts available: 7am-3pm; 3pm-11pm; 11pm-7am
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Computer experience strongly desired
- Excellent people skills with excellent phone and in-person etiquette
- Solutions oriented, willing to go above and beyond
- Motivated by meeting/exceeding customer expectations
- Be able to lift or move 25 pounds
- Must be a US Citizen or possess valid work permits
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location