The Pension Department processes various applications for plan participants. Under supervision and following specific instructions in well-defined procedures, the Pension Clerk I is responsible for processing pension and death benefit applications, calculating and adjusting pension benefits, answering phone calls, e-mails, and walk-in inquiries. Duties also include preparing pension estimates, entering related or regional credits from other Plans and providing credit histories to participants. Assist with other duties or special projects as assigned by the Pension Manager.
The Pension Clerk I is a full-time, non-exempt position, with a work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Please note that this is a Union position and the incumbent must belong to or enroll as a member of the Office and Professional Employee International Union (O.P.E.I.U.). This position reports directly to the Pension Manager.
Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Open, review and sort incoming mail
- Review and process Pension Plan applications. Prepare applications for approval
- Answer participant questions via phone, E-mail, and in person
- Prepare Pension calculations and adjustments
- Enter related or regional credits from other Plans and provide credit histories to participants.
- Provide participant census information as a report or individually as needed
- Assist with other duties or special projects as assigned by the Pension Manager
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is PREFERED.
- 2-3 years employee benefits administration experience, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Defined Contribution and/or Defined Benefit fund administration preferred
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of ERISA, IRS and DOL regulations
- Experience with banking/accounting functions
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Typing skills and proficiency with 10-key
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to multitask in a diverse work environment with several duties
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional phone etiquette and customer service skills
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) preferred
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly works in an office setting
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
- Frequent computer use, standing, talking and listening/hear
- Minimal travel to business related events, offices and/or seminars may be required on occasion.
CSAC will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.31 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
CSAC is staying up to date with the latest CDC and local health Department recommendations to safeguard employee health.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90071 (Preferred)
- Do you have Pension experience?
- Do you have 401K related experience?
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place