WEC Business Services LLC, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an Engineer in our Milwaukee, Wisconsin location. This position offers flexibility for a hybrid work arrangement (remote/on-site).
The Engineer position is a member of the Process Management and Integration team within the WEC Infrastructure and Fuels department at WEC Energy. This position will support the WEC Energy Group’s ESG Progress Plan through support of fuel plan cost modeling, transmission and energy market analysis, and regulatory filings. This position also supports peers and other areas within WEC Energy Group WEC Infrastructure and Fuels department by analyzing power system models, power flow software, transmission/distribution planning data, and state estimation data for electric planning/operations purposes.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within WEC to support the ESG Progress Plan as well as help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live.
- Model and analyze the transmission network to produce reliability assessments and develop plans to meet future system needs.
- Support PG - Power Operations and WIAF – Market Strategists with transmission power flow and ISO market operations to develop operating strategies and determination limitations of the system
- Analyze distributed energy resources (i.e., solar, wind, batteries, etc.) for future planning and impact
- Forecast Fuel Costs of We Energies, Wisconsin Public Service, and UMERC and support associated regulatory filings.
- Develop and maintain expertise on planning fuel cost and running the Plexos model. Develop and maintain a significant level of understanding of our generation units in the MISO market and factors that impact our operations.
- Communicate with various groups inside and outside the company to investigate and resolve complex technical issues.
- Development of reports and applications to support transmission power flows, constraint impact analysis and other complex analysis
- Knowledgeable of design basis for system responsibilities. Understands and utilizes knowledge of interconnected systems to troubleshoot and improve performance. Utilizes performance monitoring/optimization tools, calculations, tests and engineering analysis to develop recommendations to maintain and improve plant, system and/or equipment performance, efficiency and reliability.
This position is part of a job family and placement is based on candidate’s experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (December 2021 graduates will be considered)
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Relevant Engineering Experience (internship/co-op experience can be included as relevant engineering)
- Transmission system and ISO market knowledge/experience
- Plant engineering/operating experience
- Strong analytical ability and advanced knowledge of Excel, Visual Basic, databases, and/or other programming software
- Experience with MATLAB, Power World, PSSE, Plexos and other systems
End Date: 11/28/2021
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.