We are a leading manufacturer of safety identification products: safety signs, traffic signs, parking signs, labels, markers, and more. Our standards-compliant products help our customers comply with safety and construction regulations.
We are looking for a Production Artist to work on creative projects, ensuring they meet clients’ requirements in a fast paced environment.
Your role will be to take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare them for print or digital publication. To be successful in this position, you should combine strong creative and technical skills to format various images and illustrations. You should also have an eye for detail.
Ultimately, you will ensure our print and digital designs meet high quality standards.
*This is a full-time, on-site position in Garfield, NJ.*
- Review graphics, layouts, fonts, and spelling before product is sent to print
- Retouch images to improve quality both in print and digital form
- Archive produced images and graphics
- Proven work experience as a Production Artist, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of the printing process and preflighting tools (e.g. Corel Draw, Adobe InDesign and QuarkXPress)
- Hands-on experience with graphic design software and image editing tools (e.g. Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator)
- Must meet and exceed required number of work orders to be completed in a day
- Detailed and task oriented
- File prep skills for print and digital
- Must have good attendance and Punctuality
- Exceptional skills at proofing your own work
- Need to be able to work as an individual and as a team player
- Capacity to handle repetitious work in a fast paced environment
- Quick learner who processes good listening and comprehension skills
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Graphic design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Layout design: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location