Brailsford & Dunlavey is seeking a dynamic associate who can be based in either our Washington, DC location.
Ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, entrepreneurial: these are all words that describe our team. But what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our clients throughout the facility development process. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium’s opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
We are searching for thinker-doers who are intellectually curious, self-motivated, and willing to take risks to advance their own professional development. As a member of the firm, you should be prepared to work directly with leaders in the industry, on highly visible projects, in a fast-paced environment. Your knowledge will be leveraged and expanded to execute strategic planning, market analyses, financial modeling, and an implementation plan to deliver outcomes-based results. Your work will directly enable our clients' actions to better provide for an organization’s key stakeholders—something we find to be meaningful and invigorating, and that we hope inspires you as well!
- Manages a portfolio of consulting assignments. Closely monitors their assignments and ensures successful and timely completion of project management tasks and responsibilities.
- Directs and supervises the day-to-day activities of analysts and other staff assigned to their team. Manages analysts’ workloads to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within established work rules.
- Manages the financial and accounting requirements of assignments to include scope pricing, client invoicing and collection activities, and account reconciliation and closing. Ensures that receivables are accurate and current, and accounts are closed in a timely manner.
- Develops, or directs the development of, client deliverables to include research, analysis, writing, document review, task management, cost estimating, construction monitoring, constructability reviews, budget reconciliation, project documentation, design management, A&E selection management, public approvals and permitting, schedule compliance, and commissioning activities.
- Serves as the primary interface and campus contact for clients, communicating as needed to ensure appropriate follow through.
- Actively participates in B&D’s business development activities to include assisting with marketing activities, generating new leads, and pursuing additional services opportunities.
- Maintains and stores all records, research and data related to assigned projects. Ensures the firm’s legal and fiduciary responsibilities are well documented.
- Directs quality control and client satisfaction activities specific to his/her assigned projects.
- Assists with the company’s research and development efforts by identifying new analytical tools, strengthening existing models, or discovering improved ways of doing business.
- Performs other duties as assigned by project executives or principal.
The associate will supervise and direct a team of analysts and additional staff.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, economics, finance, urban planning, real estate management, or related field. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years full-time consulting, project management, or related experience in a similar field.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply technological solutions to consulting or PM assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects of significant scale.
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong understanding of real estate, finance and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction and ethical business practices.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a team structure.
- Aptitude and desire for mentoring and training analysts.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of individuals from diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability and ethical backgrounds.
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves: routing calls, troubleshooting, or providing information.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Office environment; moderate noise.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
- Air and overnight travel is required.
- Office equipment/computers 8 hrs per day.
- Sitting at a desk or table up to 6 hrs per day.
- Standing or walking.
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Eye-Hand Coordination.
- Hearing and talking.
- Extended periods of reading fine print.
- Light to moderate bending, crouching, and stooping (filing).