Berkshire Hathaway GUARD is seeking a Customer Service Representative.In this position you will be responsible for communicating over the phone with insureds, agency personnel, claimants, providers, vendors, and any other callers with questions related to Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies' products and services. No experience? No problem. We provide solid training to set you up for success.
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD offers a collaborative company culture with outstanding benefits and competitive compensation. Our organization is still hiring during the Pandemic and we’re looking for talented individuals to join our team and establish a rewarding career with us.
Our success is founded on our strong reputation, and we have received an A+ “Superior” grade by the leading independent insurance rating organization. Backed by our ultimate parent company, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., our brand is founded upon trust, service, and innovation. If you’re looking for an employer with integrity and flexibility, keep reading to learn about our benefits and job openings.
- Work life balance schedule- No Nights or Weekends!
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Closed on all major holidays
- Healthcare benefits begin on your first day of employment
- 401K with company match and profit sharing
- Every 5 years employees receive a generous monetary award to be used toward a vacation!
- Tuition reimbursement after six months of employment
- Discover opportunities to advance your career
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., one of the world’s most admired companies
Hiring and Working During the Pandemic:
- Virtual interviews
- Virtual and onsite employee onboarding and training.
- Hybrid work model (Splitting time between working remotely and in the office). In person training is a big part of culture and new employees should be prepared to train on site and in person with a hybrid work model available upon completing the training period.
We have implemented rigorous safety measures and policies to ensure our associates are protected when working in the office including following all federal and local safety precautions and mandates.
Berkshire Hathaway will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will adjust our policies as needed to ensure the continued safety of our employees.
The Customer Service Representative:
- Responsible for taking inbound calls for the company
- Answers customers’ questions and if unable to answer their questions, direct them to the appropriate person
- Intakes new claims calls and enters the information using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Checks voice mails, Customer Service Requests, and Policy Service Center Requests at scheduled times
- Utilizes the Department Procedure Manual as appropriate
- Utilizes GUARD Insurance Group System Software, Internet, and Agency Service Center to answer caller requests by accessing the appropriate information from the system
- Complete Intro to Insurance Course and ongoing departmental training courses
Some of the highlights of working in our call center are:
- No Sales!! All calls are service based
- No weekends
- We’re closed all major holidays
- Structured Training Program
- Advancement Opportunities - Great place to start in Insurance!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential for this role
- Proficient use of a computer
- Ability to multitask
- Team player
- Able to work in a fast pace department
- Minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent and previous customer service, telephone, or related experience is required
- Ability to travel to the Corporate office yearly