BayCare is currently in search of our newest Team Member who is passionate about providing outstanding service to our patients. We are looking for an individual seeking a career opportunity with one of the largest employers within the Tampa Bay area.
The Medical Assistant or LPN assists providers with patient examination, procedures and treatment.
- Responsible for patient histories, routine lab procedures and preparation of specimens for transport to the lab.
- Follows up on test orders and reports results to provider and patient, provides and maintains patient education materials, maintains medical equipment, and orders clinical supplies.
- Creates and maintains patient electronic medical record (EMR).
- Complies with all OSHA and CLIA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administrative and clerical skills
- Work independently
- Customer service skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills appropriate to position
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Work with a team
- Clinical skills appropriate to position
- Medical terminology use and understanding
- Equipment use and maintenance appropriate for position
Why Join BayCare Medical Group?
We offer extensive training and mentorship along with amazing career growth opportunities. BayCare Medical Group is Tampa Bay's leading multi-specialty group providing primary and specialty care throughout the Tampa Bay and west central Florida regions. BayCare’s top priority is the health and well-being of our communities.
BayCare offers a competitive total reward package including:
AND the Chance to be part of an amazing team and a great place to work!
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k match and additional yearly contribution
- Yearly performance appraisals and team award bonus
- Community discounts and more
Certification & Licensure:
- Approved Medical Assistant Certification required within 6 months of hire date or proof of active license/certification
- Or EMT (Emergency Medical Technician)
- Or NREMT (Nationally Recognized Emergency Medical Technician);
- Or Paramedic
- Or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
- Required High School or Equivalent
- Preferred Technical Medical Assistant
- Preferred 2 years Medical Assistant