Ardurra has been recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked 190 in ENR’s 2021 Top 500 Firms and has made Zweig Group’s prestigious Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work For lists in 2019, 2020 and 2021!
Ardurra is seeking a TxDOT Inspector Level IIto join our staff in Houston, TX.
In this role, the Inspector will observe and inspect various construction sites.
Construction observation and inspection duties include, but are not limited to:
- Visit construction sites to monitor activities
- Observing compliance to all safety protocols
- Arranging and reviewing material testing results
- Determining and documenting quantity of work completed and materials used
- Assist in preparing pay estimates and change orders for construction contracts
- Track project budgets and contract amendments
- Participate in project meetings to plan and review project progress
- Investigating complaints
- Confer with contractors and the general public to resolve problems with inspections
- Interpret surveying documents; reading plans, maps or graphic instructions
- Communicate projects status and issues to management in a timely manner
- Ensures compliance with jurisdiction specifications and details
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Standard Specifications
- May coordinate-survey requests and staking
- Monitor trenching for alignment and grade, shoring, and manhole locations and compaction
- Check paving and draining
- Check pipes, valves, and fire hydrants for proper location, type, and operations
- Monitor conflicts with other utilities
- Required to use appropriate safety equipment and follow approved safety procedures in performing work assignments.
- Utilize Site Manager, Bluebeam, and adobe editor.
- Inspects materials, grades, and other work for compliance with standard and special specifications, details, plans, and standard construction practices
- Complete daily and monthly progress reports and assists in preparing monthly and final pay estimates using Site Manager software
- Compute monthly estimates of work completed and recommends payment for contractors
- Monitor the Quality Assurance Plan and calls for testing as required;
- Train other construction inspectors as needed
- Inspect traffic control
- May coordinate with contractors and sub-contractors
- Review quantities based on plans and specifications prior to construction
- Work with survey personnel in preparing record drawings;
- Observe and ensures that materials are in accordance with and used in accordance with standard details specifications, approved plans and normal construction practices
- Records all field changes for "as-built" drawings on field plan set or assures the contractor and/or architect/engineer are recording changes
- Handle property owners complaints and inquiries as to construction activities
Education and Experience Requirements
- An inspector with 5-10 years’ experience on roadways for TxDOT, HCTRA or similar agency.
- Must be computer literate and know or be able to rapidly learn and use TxDOT’s Site Manager software.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- 3-7years’ experience in construction inspection, transportation/roadway or related field
- Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Must be able to obtain the America Concrete Inspection (ACI) Field Testing within 3 months of employment.
Behavioral Skills Required:
- Strong work ethic
- Discipline to be on time, all the time, and meet client deliverables
- Strong verbal communication skills enabling efficient work between clients and contractors
- Written communication skills necessary to write and edit routine reports
- Ability to mediate and solve problems in a mature and professional manner
- America Concrete Inspection (ACI) Certification Field Testing
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) 10 Hour or 30 Hour Certification
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We’re not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.