Housekeeping Room Attendant
This position is primarily responsible for the cleanliness and overall appearance of guest rooms.
Housekeeping employees receive free transportation from Anchorage on a shuttle service that departs at 7:30 AM from the Midtown Mall. The shuttle departs Alyeska Resort at 5:00 PM to return to the Midtown Mall.
- Follow all house rules, housekeeping procedures, security procedures, safety guidelines, and grooming standards
- Must be able to clean all 14 assigned hotel rooms to Alyeska Resort standards
- Replace all linen and replenishes all bathroom supplies and room amenities
- Clean and dust all glass and wood surfaces
- Clean bathroom fixtures, toilets, bathtubs, showers, and tile
- Wash floors, vacuum, check under beds, in refrigerators and remove trash
- Keep attendant’s cart work area and equipment clean, orderly, and in good working condition
- Ensure hallways are clean, trays and roll-aways are in linen closets and dirty linens are taken down laundry chute
- Immediately turns in all Lost-and-Found items to Security Dept. Reports any safety or security concerns to management
- Updates room assignment sheet, noting completed rooms, all DNDs and refusals (no service) on their worksheet
- Notify housekeeping management of any problems with the condition of furniture and fixtures, no matter how small
- Complete the assigned number of rooms to clean on a daily basis according to Alyeska Resort standards
- Maintain a professional manner, courteous and friendly with everyone
- Other duties as assigned
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
Skills/Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Prior hotel housekeeping experience strongly preferred. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must present a positive, friendly attitude toward guests and other co-workers
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents, stain removal, and operation of various types of cleaning equipment, such as shampooers
- Experience using chemical cleaning agents effectively and safely
- Basic ability to comprehend English, to be able to communicate and read labels for product safety and emergency instructions
Physical demands and work environment:The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must constantly lift and/or move 10 – 20 pounds, frequently move 20 – 50 pounds and occasionally push/pull and/or move 50 - 100 pounds. Employee may be required to pass a functional capacity test developed for this job.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.