Aircraft Worker (ATAC - Luke, AFB)
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Airborne Tactical Advantage Company business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & atacusa.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
Textron Systems - ATAC provides tactical flight training and adversary aggressor services for U.S. Navy, Marine and Air Force pilots, and is the only organization certified to train the Navy’s TOPGUN program. ATAC operates simultaneously across eight sites and two continents and comprises the world’s largest outsourced civilian, tactical airborne training organization and proudly provides the highest quality live training to Squadrons, Air Wings, and Battle Groups. ATAC was the first civilian organization authorized to train the USAF’s F-22 Raptors.
The Aircraft Worker is responsible for maintenance actions on Airborne Tactical Advantage Company’s aircraft as well as the safe and expeditious launch and recovery flight line operations at permanent and detachment sites.
- Maintenance efforts in support of company commitments
- Proficient in one type/model aircraft and helper on additional type/model aircraft
- Utilize AMS program
- Training of maintenance personnel
- Manage assigned maintenance programs
- Assist with coordination of detachment requirements with Crew Chiefs (as necessary)
- Obtain and maintain Detachment Lead qualification
- The Aircraft Mechanic troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls
- This mechanic repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls
- This mechanic performs 100-hour, progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections
- This mechanic: adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures’ manuals
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Additional responsibilities as delineated by Production Supervisor and Crew Chiefs
- Manage programs as assigned
- Safety of the workforce.
- Foster maintenance team environment.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Lead by example.
- This position must be able to make repairs to aircraft following direction of senior mechanics, perform unsupervised aircraft servicing and is capable of assisting in the management of additional collateral programs.
- Must possess general maintenance knowledge and be familiar with various tools.
- Candidates must be capable to perform fueling operations and nitrogen servicing.
- Possess the ability to learn basic hand signals for launching of aircraft.
- Performance will be continuously monitored by supervision and reviewed annually with the employee.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb in and out of the Aircraft.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Job Field Flight Operations
Primary Location US-Arizona-Phoenix
Recruiting Company Airborne Tactical Advantage Company (ATAC)
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting 12/01/2021, 9:56:59 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.