Architect Studio Leader
ADM Group Inc. is an architecture and interior design firm located in Tempe, Arizona. Our goal is to provide architectural, interior design and project management services which exceed our customer’s expectations. We are celebrating 29 years of excellence in the Education (K-12), Municipal and
Corporate markets. We are a hardworking, fun-loving group of professionals who come to work every day with one objective: to bring our client’s vision to life.
ADM Group has an exciting opportunity in our Tempe, AZ office for an Aviation/Commercial
Architectural Studio Leader.
Years of Experience: 10+ with at least two years at the Project Manager or Senior Project
ADM Group is seeking a high-caliber, dynamic senior architect to serve as our
Aviation/Commercial Studio Leader. The successful candidate will be part of our growing team helping to win, design, and manage projects while leading the Studio.
We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. Successful candidates will promote a culture of design excellence, provide leadership-by-example through their work, and provide knowledge sharing to studio members.
Job Purpose: Leadership of the collective success and development of the
Aviation/Commercial Studio. Build the practice; promote Design Excellence through a collaborative approach to design; and manage the day-to-day operational requirements of the
Main Responsibilities include:
- Working directly with the Managing Principal
- Provide leadership and management necessary for the continuing development of the Studio
- Supervising, recruiting, and promoting staff while embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion at all stages of employee success
- Be responsible for making sure the studio objectives are met by overseeing and leading multiple projects through all phases of design
- Working with Project Managers and Designers to define scope from initial project information and collaborating on the preparation of fee proposals, schedules, work plans, and service requests as needed
- Work with the Principal/Director of Architecture and Operations to ensure that project performance targets are achieved, and studio issues are addressed
- Provide leadership on projects to ensure presentations and deliverables meet a high standard of quality that exceed client expectations
- Be actively involved in projects through all phases and foster a collaborative environment for all project team members
- Participating in the annual performance review of employees, further developing staff skills and growth through open dialogue
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and motivating of project teams and individuals
- Actively involved in community activities that support the goals and objectives of ADM Group
- Promoting a fun and collaborative work environment
An ideal candidate has:
- Minimum professional degree in Architecture; M Arch. Degree preferred
- 10+ years related experience preferred and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in the AE Industry.
- Registered Architect
- Experience as a practicing architect responsible for the delivery of diverse, complex commercial architecture projects including aviation, industrial, office, and retail projects.
We will also consider candidates with a diverse project background.
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills of managing teams of five or more
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, well-organized, and can effectively manage time
- Successful track record of maintaining client relationships
- LEED® Accreditation (or must be in the process of achieving); membership in professional organizations such as AIA desirable.
- Microsoft Office Suite of Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook proficiency.
- Competence with Electronic Drawing Programs: Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe products.
- Ability to travel 15-25%
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salaries and a benefit package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, paid holidays, and time off. In addition to our dynamic work environment, we follow a 4 X 10 work schedule
(Fridays off). We are dedicated to the growth of our employees and facilitate professional training and staff development opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tempe, AZ 85281: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Revit: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sketchup: 3 years (Preferred)
- Architecture: 10 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location