LOCATED IN TOPANGA, CALIFORNIA
- Participate to the Quality/Safety Meetings in order to address Health and safety issues.
- Review, approve and ensure that the PROJECT SAFETY PLAN is available and continuously kept up-dated on-site.
- Oversee all construction personnel concerning Health and safety matters.
- Maintain the safety records. Digitalize all safety records to the project s files and transfer, at the end of the job, the original documents or hard copy to the ADF Group s Head Office for archiving purposes.
- Participate to the analysis of training needs and to the development of training program related to Health and Safety. Perform training session to personnel and maintain the training log.
- Periodically check that the maintenance program is implemented and maintained.
- Inspect workplaces and workplace equipment, such as scaffolding, to ensure they meet safety regulations and to identify hazards and risks.
- Ensure dangerous materials are correctly stored.
- Record and report hazards, accidents, injuries and health issues within the workplace.
- Assist with the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions, study possible causes and recommend remedial action.
- Coordinate emergency procedures, mine rescues, firefighting and first aid crews.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (such as hearing protection, dust masks, safety glasses, footwear and safety helmets), is being used in workplaces according to regulations.
- Assists in the preparation of various reports, documents and forms.
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) are enforced.
- Promote the Health and Safety requirements within the organization.
- Ensure that workplaces conform with organizational procedures and safety standards.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Other related tasks and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3-5 years experience within the safety field
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding and knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Ability to ensure compliance with customer s contractual requirements and ADF s requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Critical reasoning and great judgement
- Must be able to regularly sit, walk and stand for varying lengths of time. Must be able to repetitively articulate hands, wrists etc. to operate standard office equipment; and perform those similar activities while seated as well as perform computer work for various lengths of time. Will need to be able to reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.