Emergency Medical Trainee to Emergency Medical Technician 7 weeks!
San Antonio Accelerated EMT class
Get Paid to Train for a Rewarding Career!
Acadian Ambulance Service is offering an opportunity for you to take a step into a new career field. Become an Emergency Medical Technician in 7 weeks and get paid while you attend school.
Emergency Medical Trainees will attend an Accelerated EMT class Monday – Friday for 7 weeks. If selected for this training program, you will be considered a full-time Acadian Ambulance Service employee and class tuition, books, and fees will be paid by Acadian Ambulance in return for your commitment to work as an EMT for Acadian for 2 years after completing the class and passing the national certification exam.
Details of the San Antonio training program include:
- This rigorous accelerated curriculum will be taught Monday – Friday from 8a – 5p.
- Tentative start date 1/10/22 with class lasting approximately 7 weeks.
- Location is TBD.
- Due to the quick pace of this class, candidates will complete a TABE placement test (Reading) and interview process.
- If selected, employment as a trainee while in class will be contingent upon a satisfactory results of a drug screen, background & motor vehicle check, and physical lift test.
- The course will be free of charge in return for your commitment to work as an EMT for Acadian Ambulance-San Antonio for 2 years after successfully completing the class and passing the National Registry EMT written and skills tests. If you do not complete the class or pass the national exam, course charges will apply.
- As a Trainee you will be considered a full-time employee with benefits and paid $11/hr. while in class. Should you be unsuccessful in passing the class or national exam, employment will end immediately.
- Upgrade to Emergency Medical Technician after successful completion of course and National Registry testing and pay increases to $15.00/hr. with plenty of overtime available if you want to work extra.
- Advancement opportunities to Paramedic (with tuition assistance), Air Med, EMS educator, EMS leadership, or remote paramedicine at one of the most respected ambulance services in the U.S.